Technical Support Specialist
Reports to: Global Technical Support Director
Department: Technical Support
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
In-Situ, Inc. is a global company with a modern manufacturing facility in Fort Collins, Colorado. The company focuses on specializing in the design, manufacture, and worldwide sale of scientific equipment for the environmental, aquaculture, and industrial water-monitoring markets. The Company is a leading global innovator of solutions for customers requiring water monitoring in a variety of different markets. The Company provides “best in class” groundwater and surface water level and water quality monitoring equipment along with data transmission and management software resulting in an exceptional customer experience.
Not only does In-Situ provide an attractive offering to our customers, the company also places a high value on engagement in our community, environmental projects, employee wellness and creating an open and fun work environment.
We are looking for a talented individual who is passionate about educating and helping customers. This position is responsible for fielding phone support calls and emails and providing customers with technical guidance in the proper use of In-Situ Inc. equipment. In-Situ has a 97% customer satisfaction rate and we’re looking for the right individual to help us maintain that exceptional level of support.
- Primarily responsible for handling customer calls, web chats and emails regarding technical support, instrument installation, data interpretation and instrumentation issues.
- Enter return information for equipment coming in for service
- Maintain customer databases with current information
- May solicit sale of new or additional services for products.
- Refers complaints of service or product failure to appropriate departments for investigation.
- Coordinate customer needs with other departments as required to ensure quality service to maintain customer relations.
- Support Regional and International Sales Managers and Distributors regarding demonstration equipment, specifications and applications.
- Develop and communicate Technical & Application notes for sales, service and distributors
- Initiate shipment of Customer Service “loaner” equipment for temporary replacement of failed equipment under warranty
- Initiate rental replacement orders to replace failed rental equipment owned by In-Situ Rentals
- Occasional travel to customer premises to resolve problems or install new equipment
- Available for 24 hour “on-call” technical support line service
- Represent In-Situ Inc. at regional and national trade shows as needed
- Participate in company meetings, training programs, and continuous improvement efforts
- Work experience in customer service area and/or equivalent college degree or vocational training or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Background in instrumentation support highly desired
- Background in chemistry, limnology, stream ecology, and/or hydrogeology, environmental chemistry, regulatory compliance, wastewater treatment, aquaculture, or oceanography highly desired.
- Strong inter-personal communications skills. Must have ability to negotiate with customer regarding compromise solutions to problems that serve the needs of the company and the customer.
- Ability to provide input to new product development and define customer needs.
- Experience with PC’s with an emphasis on spreadsheet, word processing and database entry.
- Basic operational knowledge of electrical/electronic equipment.
- Able to read and understand technical reports.
- Able to understand, interpret and manipulate ground and surface water data. Must be able to learn commercial software programs for data analysis.
- English fluency required
- Spanish or other additional language fluency desired
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States
Working Environment and Physical Conditions
- Computer system data terminal
- Normal office environment and minimum physical activity
- Some travel to domestic and international locations – estimated at less than 25%
In-Situ Inc. builds world-class environmental monitoring instruments … and world-class careers!
- Please apply at https://in-situ.com/about/careers/ if above qualifications are met.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age over 40, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or having a condition relating to pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation.
In-Situ is an equal opportunity employer.