Business Development Manager, Storm Water
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
Are you ready to be a part of a great team that has direct impact on the strategy and success of the company? In-Situ® Inc. is a leading manufacturer of innovative environmental monitoring equipment that protect our water resources. We create industry leading products and solutions that focus on innovative design, high reliability and exceeding our customers’ expectations. We are looking for a passionate, hands-on individual who will take the lead in developing sales into Storm Water applications across the United States.
The Business Development Manager, Storm Water is a senior sales position focused on growing market share and revenue for In-Situ in Storm Water Applications across the United States. This position will take the lead in defining In-Situ’s Storm Water market and product strategies, as well as in driving sales growth with Municipal & State agencies responsible for Storm Water monitoring and management. The Business Development Manager, Storm Water will increase sales through identifying and calling on key customers personally, as well as by creating sales and training materials to enable Regional Sales Managers to sell more effectively. This role will also take the lead in identifying and managing Storm Water focused Rep Agencies, Flow Service Providers and Distributors.
- Meet with buyers and end-users within the Storm Water market to ensure both their stated and un-stated needs are understood, as well as to meet/exceed assigned targets for profitable Storm Water sales.
- Acquire new customers through prospect identification, prioritization, strategic analysis, and sales plan development and execution. Identify key influencers in targeted organization and build relationships with decision makers and thought leaders.
- Create and deliver effective presentations for prospective customers.
- Forecast sales revenue to ensure meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual targets.
- Perform market research to create vision and strategy for In-Situ’s Storm Water product portfolio.
- Develop/maintain a reputation as the “applications champion” in the eyes of customers, distribution organizations, engineering, manufacturing, sales and senior management
- Work with the executive team to develop product vision, strategy, positioning, and related details to ensure In-Situ’s product lines are successful in targeted applications within the Storm Water market across the United States.
- Ensure direct sales and distribution channels have appropriate collateral materials describing features, benefits, performance proof, positioning, competitive comparisons, financial benefits, etc.
- Serve as the commercial lead on new product development teams with responsibilities for product definition, advocating voice of customers, and ensuring successful product launch
- Serve product management functions throughout the product life-cycle including developing commercial forecasts, establishing pricing strategies, conducting competitive analysis, performing distribution training, participating in major account selling, and defining continuous product improvement plans
- Assist the sales team in identifying customers in Storm Water applications, as well as crafting training and customer facing sales materials to maximize the potential for rapid sales into the target application.
- Assist Regional Sales Managers in complex sales with strategic customers.
- Coordinate with Marketing on lead generation, as well as identification of campaigns and targeted tradeshows to attend and organizations with which to network.
- Participate in industry organizations and In-Situ Inc. at regional and international trade shows as required
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM.
- Experience in an analytical instrumentation company (preferably in Storm Water applications)
- Sales (Business Development) and/or Product Management experience
- BS/BA or graduate degree or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and communications with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated track record of Business Development and Sales success.
- Outstanding judgment, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Highly motivated, taking initiative to learn and ownership of responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to make presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and high expectation environment.
- Experience managing a product portfolio that includes hardware, software, and services is a plus
- Environmental System Integration experience
In-Situ Inc. builds world-class environmental and process monitoring instruments … and world-class careers!
- Excellent compensation package commensurate with experience plus paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days (FTO), medical, dental, chiropractic, life insurance, 401(k) plan and continued educational development. Please apply at https://in-situ.com/about/careers/ if above qualifications are met.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age over 40, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or having a condition relating to pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation.
In-Situ® Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.