Reports to: Accounting Manager
Company: In-Situ® Inc.
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
In-Situ® Inc. is privately held leading manufacturer of in-situ (on-site) water monitoring instruments. For over 40 years, we have provided water monitoring markets with innovative solutions. In-Situ® designs, manufactures and distributes environmental measurement equipment and advanced data management solutions which monitor groundwater, surface water and coastal waters level and quality. Some of In-Situ® product applications include 1) monitoring water level, pressure and temperature analytics in coastal areas thus enabling a city to better prepare itself for a pending hurricane, 2) measuring water quality in bays, lakes and other bodies of water to understand degrading water quality and the corresponding impact on marine life, 3) monitoring the impact of fracking or industrial activities on the quality of surrounding ground water, 4) managing oxygen levels in aquaculture production thereby increasing yields and minimizing crop loss. The company’s mission is to monitor and protect the world’s water resources through innovative technologies to ensure increasingly precious resources are available for generations to come. We are an environmental conscientious company focused on managing one of the worlds’ most finite and import resources necessary for life – water.
In-Situ® culture is reflective of our values:
- Sustainability. Environmental stewardship and giving back to our community in tangible ways.
- Accountability. Setting clear goals and expectations of achieving those goals.
- Innovation. Thoughtful analysis and application of information to problems, decisions, and solutions.
- Passion. Believing in what we are doing and making a difference in the world.
- Employee Excellence. Valuing all of our employees, encouraging their curiosity, and constant learning while rewarding meaningful contribution.
- Partnership. Teamwork and cooperation with our internal and external customers, vendors and other stakeholders. We are a high growth business with an exciting future. Learn more about In-Situ at www.in-situ.com
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
In-Situ® has a state of the art manufacturing facility in Fort Collins, Colorado. The importance of a strong partnership between the Finance/Accounting Team with the Manufacturing Organization is critical to ensure we are continuously identifying and implementing cost reduction initiatives with a focus on timeliness, quality and customer needs. The Accountant will be responsible for preparing and analyzing complex transactions relating to COGs, managing tax-related activities in conjunction with our external accounting partner, constantly identifying automation opportunities and leading projects while ensuring compliance with GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Provide accounting and financial support to the Operations/Manufacturing Organization.
- Provide financial statement analysis and activities regarding cost of goods sold.
- Support of annual audit processes and requirements.
- Analysis and support relating to vendor negotiations.
- Co-faciliate annual physical inventory and monthly cycle counts.
- Coordinates annual costings and completing product margin analysis.
- Provides support relating to new product introductions.
Requirements and Attributes:
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting (must);
- CPA or CMA strongly desirable
- Knowledge of Alteryx and Tableau Software
- Strong analytical skills – detailed focused, yet also able to make observations from a broader level
- Background in Cost Accounting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Accounting Software
- Self-starter – ability to identify opportunities and projects
- Ability to work effectively within the Accounting Team, but also with cross functional teams
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Focused on detail/process standardization and improvement;
- Dedicated to and enjoys learning and improving core accounting processes/functions;
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States;
We are looking for a technically competent individual who works independently as well as in a team environment. We work hard but have fun. We are committed and passionate about our jobs and the company. We come to work every day with the intention and attitude of making a difference.
In-Situ Inc. builds world-class environmental monitoring instruments … and world-class careers!
- Apply online at https://in-situ.com/about/careers/ if above qualifications are met.
- Please no phone calls about this job.
- Principals only. Recruiter please do not contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age over 40, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or having a condition relating to pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation.
In-Situ® Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.