Electrical Engineer – Production
Reports to: Production Engineering Manager
In-Situ® Inc. is a leading manufacturer of innovative environmental monitoring equipment. We create industry leading products that focus on great design, usability, and high reliability. We are looking for passionate, hands-on individuals who will continue to drive improvements to our production capabilities and software as well as champion efforts to take our manufacturing processes to the next level.
Primary Responsibilities – Working with Production Engineering Team to create and sustain production Manufacturing Systems used in manufacturing for the assembly, calibration, and testing of In-Situ’s products. In-Situ uses lean manufacturing practices that allow each product to be assembled, calibrated, and tested in the production cell. The Production Electrical Engineer will be responsible to work directly with Production floor to ensure systems allow products to be successfully built and tested to the design requirements, while also working to make improvements to the manufacturing processes through automation and enhancements. Support production cells to meet Safety, Quality Delivery and Cost objectives.
- Working with Test Engineers and MEs to design test fixtures which includes professional level documentation comprised of schematics, block diagrams, and bills of material
- Troubleshooting PCBA failures/issues at the board level
- Works with R&D to communicate past issues and experiences to avoid similar problems in new products.
- Works with purchasing/vendors to ensure PCBA quality and standard are met
- Works with test software to help diagnose issues with PCBAs
- Reviews existing software test solutions (code) to assist in problem solving
- Assists Software Engineers with providing software solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in the area of electrical engineering or related field
- Experience with troubleshooting PCBA issues/failures at a board level
- Experience debugging complex systems involving test hardware and software
- Experience with understanding professional level documentation including Mechanical drawings and Electrical schematics
- 1+ year of experience supporting software development, using languages like C++/C# (experience with other languages also acceptable)
- Demonstrated resourcefulness to understand legacy software and be able to make modifications and adjustments if necessary
- Familiar with SQL and scripting languages
- Demonstrated skills in Mathematics and Statistics
- Self-Starter with excellent problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a variety of different groups
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States.
- 4+ years of experience in the area of electrical engineering or related field
- Ability to design and work with hardware test stations including updating or creating Mechanical drawings and Electrical schematics
- Familiar with calibration equipment used to calibrate electronics, temperature and pressure sensors
- Experience with manufacturing automation of instrumentation
- Ability leverage data sources to extract data using languages as SQL, MATLAB, R or similar for driving product improvement and statistical analysis of production issues
- 2+ years of experience supporting software development with languages such as C/C++/C#
- Experience with Python or similar scripting languages to automate testing or data gathering with external devices in order to solve product quality issues
- Experience with the Modbus communication protocol
- Experience with ISO 17025 calibration systems or similar is a plus
- Six Sigma
In-Situ Inc. builds world-class environmental monitoring instruments … and world-class careers!
- Please apply at https://in-situ.com/about/careers/ if above qualifications are met.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age over 40, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or having a condition relating to pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation.
In-Situ is an equal opportunity employer.