Reports to: Electrical Engineering Manager
Department: Research and Development
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Do you value clean, maintainable and elegant design? Do you want to work in a company where you can positivity impact the environment and the quality of life throughout the world? If so your passion for hardware design and firmware development will enable you to thrive in our tech-centered work environment. In-Situ Inc. is a leading manufacturer of innovative water monitoring equipment that protects our global water resources.
Our global company consists of a highly collaborative group of talented engineers and subject matter experts who share a passion for innovation and delighting our customers. We care deeply about our people and maintain a positive and empowering company culture of family and work-life balance. As a small business, every member of our organization has an opportunity to succeed and make a significant impact.
- Provide technical leadership for electronics and firmware in all project steps from concept through manufacturing release of In-Situ products.
- Participate as a member of multiple product development teams to design electronic systems.
- Represent electrical engineering team in a multi-discipline product development team.
- Specify, develop, and maintain electronic and firmware design of products including sensors’ analog front-end, microcontroller, communication subsystems, and power management.
- Lead overall schematic design including circuit simulation.
- Guide PCB and layout design including layer stackup, signal integrity analysis, and power distribution network.
- Conduct board bring up, design verification and validation activities.
- Develop firmware on real-time operating system.
- Own regulatory compliance and certification responsibilities.
- Perform root-cause-analysis on production failed and field return units.
- Conduct technical research projects for future revenue generation.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Strong Electrical Engineering fundamentals (analog circuit design, signal and power integrity, etc.)
- Proficient in schematic capture with Altium and OrCad
- A strong team player, results-oriented, excellent communicator, and comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States
- Hands on hardware engineering and design prototyping experience
- Working knowledge in electro-optical systems
- Expert in low noise analog sensor design
- Advanced understanding on signal processing techniques
- Experience performing critical circuit analysis and simulation utilizing tools such as PSpice
- Proficient in Altium and OrCAD PCB design tools
- Familiar with FreeRTOS
- Experience with GIT
- Experience working with remote team members (30% of EE are remote)
In-Situ Inc. builds world-class environmental monitoring instruments … and world-class careers!
- Apply online at https://in-situ.com/about/careers/ if above qualifications are met.
- Please no phone calls about this job.
- Principals only. Recruiter please do not contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age over 40, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or having a condition relating to pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation.
In-Situ® Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.