NPD Buyer I
Position title: New Product Development – Buyer I
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
The NPD Buyer I is responsible to liaison with In-Situ’s supply chain partners to order and secure materials on-time to meet In-Situ’s project schedules and cost targets. The NPD Buyer works closely with suppliers on the execution of purchase orders, managing past due deliveries, and driving expedites when needed. The NPD buyer works closely with suppliers to set expectations, define planning attributes used in planning, and fosters healthy partnerships.
Work closely with the New Product Deployment Project Managers on new product development procurement needs, including, but not limited to:
- Holistically own the material supply for new projects.
- Quote materials with In-Situ’s supply chain, compare costs, and make recommendations to the business on vendor selection.
- Place orders with vendors for materials required to support new product development projects.
- Follow-up on deliveries, ensuring timely and accurate supplier performance to commitment.
- Update new part attributes in the MRP system.
- Update engineering BOMs with current quoted cost info.
- Manage vendor performance.
- Identify risk and escalate any issues that threaten time to market or cost targets.
- Support accounting and finance in reconciling transactions and invoice reconciliations as needed.
- Work with Materials Manager and production buyers to transition new products into production.
Must be a team player capable with partnering and creating relationships with cross functional teams internally. Exhibit openness and honesty with both suppliers and internal customers. Must be a Self-starter with the ability to work independently. Must be able to manage deliverables for multiple project timelines and objectives. Must be excellent with numbers and proficient in basic math. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs; personal computing tools including word processing, spreadsheets and order processing applications. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as individual and team interaction skills. Ability to effectively communicate with cross functional teams and offer ideas and solutions. Strong interpersonal, analytical & statistical skills. Work effectively with frequent interruptions and resolve conflicts timely and professionally. Must be able to set and attain goals and initiate action to resolve problems.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years working experience in supply chain or a related field, or MBA in lieu of experience
- Excellent knowledge base in Microsoft office portfolio
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States
- Exposure to various commodity types including: PCBA’s, Machining, Injection molding, Optics, Sensors, etc.…
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing principles in a working environment is desired.
- Conceptual understanding of a Kanban pull inventory system and related processes preferred
- APICS or ISM training leading to professional certification
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- General office environment with some time spent each day in production areas and with cross functional teams.
- Lifting, bending, reaching, squatting, walking, sitting.
In-Situ Inc. builds world-class environmental monitoring instruments … and world-class careers!
- Please apply at https://in-situ.com/about/careers/ if above qualifications are met.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age over 40, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or having a condition relating to pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation.
In-Situ is an equal opportunity employer.