Supplier Quality Engineer
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
In-Situ® Inc. is a leading manufacturer of innovative environmental monitoring equipment. We create industry leading products that focus on great design, usability, and high reliability. We are looking for passionate, hands-on individuals who will continue to drive improvements to our production capabilities as well as champion efforts to take our company to the next level.
Primary Responsibility– The Suppler Quality Engineer manages the supply chain, serves as the liaison for suppliers, facilitates Root Cause Countermeasures, suggests structural quality and process improvements, and collaborates with other engineers in a team environment. SQE’s oversee performing regular supplier audits and reviews to ensure compliance with quality programs, regulatory standards, as well as actively participating in strategic development based on In-Situ’s strategy and business needs. These professionals travel to supplier sites and may work in an office environment or at a production site depending on the needs of the company.
- Conduct capability assessments. Verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion.
- Define and manage process controls, establish schedules for reviewing supplier and quality performance.
- Maintain accurate quality records and certifications.
- Identify technical problems with suppliers and implement corrective actions.
- Issues, monitors and maintains corrective action database resolve problems using Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA) tools
- Measure suppler readiness throughout the new product development stages.
- Supports and drives continuous improvement activities to improve supplier performance.
- Identify/mitigate supply chain risks recommend mitigations and contingencies.
- Establish schedules and perform required supplier audits.
- Establish planning expectations with suppliers for new product development. Develop core partnerships to accelerate lead times and handoffs to allow In-Situ to reach TTM goals.
- Participate with the Sourcing team to select and manage assigned suppliers.
- Understanding relevant product specifications, assembly procedures, engineering or process drawings requirements.
- Communicate technical concepts to various levels in the organization with the ability to understand Engineering concepts and relay information to Executive Management.
- Strong communication skills to make progress reports and present their findings to the supervisor in their department with little direction and oversight.
- They must be problem solvers who use their advanced analytical skills to find innovative solution to quality-related issues.
- Proficient communicator both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical skills capable of making decisions.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Improvement Methodologies (6 Sigma, Lean Mfg)
- Experience conducting supplier quality audits.
- Self-starting, minimal supervision required.
- Lean manufacturing experience
- 5-7 years of quality, manufacturing, or process control experience.
- Experience working with systems and process in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in the water industry
Working Environment and Physical Conditions
- Normal office environment and minimum physical activity
- Production environments with light manufacturing
- Some travel to domestic and international locations – estimated at 30%
In-Situ Inc. builds world-class environmental monitoring instruments … and world-class careers!
- Please apply at https://in-situ.com/about/careers/ if above qualifications are met.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age over 40, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or having a condition relating to pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation.
In-Situ is an equal opportunity employer.