U.S. Director of Sales
Reports to: V.P. of Sales
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Travel: Approximately 50%
In-Situ® Inc. is a growing manufacturer of innovative environmental monitoring equipment. In-Situ® Inc. is a growing manufacturer headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado with an incredible view of the Rocky Mountains, and we are all about water. We’re an international company with over 130 employees that specializes in the design, manufacture, and worldwide sale of scientific equipment for the environmental, aquaculture, and industrial water-monitoring markets. As a member of In-Situ’s leadership team, the United States Director of Sales will lead a team of talented Sales professionals in growing the company’s revenues and market share in its environmental and aquaculture instrumentation business.
Primary Responsibilities – In this area, you will be responsible for growing the company’s revenues in the US market by:
- Provide overall management and oversight of the domestic field sales team; mentor and develop the team to sell consultatively, grow business at existing accounts and expand the business into new accounts
- Supervise, evaluate and adapt the company’s sales process as the business expands
- Create and implement effective sales strategies and lead the domestic sales effort to achievement of corporate sales objectives
- Drive corporate sales and marketing initiatives including new product launches and vertical market blitz campaigns
- Play an integral role in defining the CRM system, ensure team is properly trained and manage the team to utilize the tool as expected
- Manage and develop ISI channel partners. This may include rental partners, third party representatives/distributors and OEM channels. This includes developing an overall distribution strategy, evaluating performance, negotiating agreements, providing training and ongoing support
- Attend tradeshows to provide sales support, generate leads, evaluate sales activities, strategies and strengths of the competition, identify new market and customer opportunities, and evaluate the success and perception of In-Situ products and solutions.
- Manage expense budgets, compensation programs and incentive planning.
- Manage key accounts and/or sell directly as needed to generate growth
- Establish appropriate metrics for the sales team
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts; comparing sales results to goals and taking corrective action(s) where necessary
- Communicate sales input for annual strategic planning process
- Interface with Product Management Team to provide customer feedback on product performance and customer satisfaction
- Provide input on outbound campaigns, advertising, literature and promotion materials
- Recommend pricing programs to ensure the company remains competitive in the marketplace
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in sales/marketing roles
- Experience with water quality and/or water level instrumentation
- BA degree (an MBA is preferred), degree in environmental, geology, chemistry preferred
- Experience managing or leading direct sales people and/or distribution channels
- Experience in successfully utilizing a professional sales process system such as Miller Heiman, Challenger Sales, Sandler, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience with CRM systems
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to sell up into organizations
- Ability to think critically, quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to multitask
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Strong team building skills and desire to contribute to strong team environment
- Strong negotiation skills
In-Situ Inc. builds world-class environmental monitoring instruments … and world-class careers!
- Please apply at https://in-situ.com/about/careers/if above qualifications are met.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age over 40, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or having a condition relating to pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sex, and sexual orientation.
In-Situ is an equal opportunity employer.