Vice President of Sales for Process Monitoring Solutions
Reports to: President and CEO
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Travel: Approximately 55%+
In-Situ® Inc. is a growing manufacturer of innovative environmental and process monitoring equipment for industrial, agricultural and municipal markets. As a member of In-Situ’s executive team, the Vice President of Sales for Process Monitoring will lead a team of talented Sales professionals in growing the company’s revenues and market share specifically in its process instrumentation, data services, and solutions business. This position is in partnership with the Vice President of Sales for Water Quality and Level Monitoring Solutions.
In this role you will be responsible for growing the company’s global process monitoring revenues by managing the process monitoring sales channel and related activities by establishing and managing new distributor relationships, setting appropriate metrics for sales funnel management, negotiating contracts, establishing budgets and forecasts, participating in strategy development, mentoring, developing and retaining the sales team. As part of your responsibilities, you are tasked with ensuring the sales team works effectively and interfaces with all areas of the organization, including executive, finance, production, product management, marketing, purchasing, tech support and engineering teams.
Specific responsibilities and qualification requirements include:
- Manage the internal and external resources developing the overall sales channel for In-Situ’s Process Monitoring water analysis and flow solutions into global municipal and industrial markets.
- Design, implement, and facilitate annual global sales plan including objectives, activities, and KPI’s for the Process Monitoring sales team.
- Actively participate as part of the Executive Team in formulating, leading and executing strategic planning efforts.
- Develop market knowledge, ensuring appropriate collateral and tools are available for the team to drive awareness and compelling content that will generate meaningful sales leads to drive expected growth rates.
- Work closely with the Product Management team to develop the process monitoring product and solutions roadmaps and global pricing strategies.
- Identify trends in the Process Monitoring market and help shape the Company’s position in this market, including considerations for growing consumables / recurring revenue streams and service packages
- Make staffing and hiring decisions within Process Monitoring sales team. Responsible for employee development, including recruiting, hiring, training, motivating, and retaining personnel.
- Develop and deliver presentations and strategies to the business unit and executive committee where appropriate.
- Oversee the management of the Customer relationship management systems (Salesforce.com) for the Process Monitoring sales team.
- Provide Sales Forecasts including the PSI (Production, Sales and Inventory) Forecast to the Operations Team on a monthly basis.
- Participate in M&A due diligence and integration, as appropriate.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Reviewing and negotiating customer contractual terms and agreements.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Experience managing flow and/or water analysis instrumentation sales in process, environmental, municipal, and/or industrial water markets.
- Proven track record of developing consistently strong performing sales teams.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, appoint and develop motivated channel partners.
- Experience working at the highest level of an organization, including working directly with the CEO and board members
- At least seven years of Sales management experience with demonstrated ability in team building and developing sales channels for analytical instrumentation
- Experience in successfully utilizing a professional sales process system such as Miller Heiman or Sandler.
- BA degree (an MBA is preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, and communicate clearly and concisely with a broad array of both internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- M&A due diligence and integration
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement both strategic and tactical plans
- Strong negotiation skills
As the world’s water resources become increasingly valuable, In-Situ® Inc. is dedicated to innovation and expertise in the design and deployment of world-class water monitoring systems. Our talented design teams take these concepts and meld them with new technologies to create cutting-edge solutions. After product development concludes and manufacturing begins, our lean enterprise and continuous improvement systems produce products with outstanding quality, delivery, and value to customers.
In-Situ is located on the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains in Fort Collins, Colorado, a city that has won many national awards for its educated workforce, work/life balance, and forward-thinking community.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS
- Computer system data terminal
- Normal office environment and minimum physical activity
- Manufacturing floor support
- Travel – estimated at 55%+
In-Situ Inc. builds world-class environmental and process monitoring instruments … and world-class careers!
- Excellent compensation package commensurate with experience plus paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days (FTO), medical, dental, chiropractic, life insurance, 401(k) plan and continued educational development. Please apply at https://in-situ.com/about/careers/ if above qualifications are met.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age over 40, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or having a condition relating to pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sex, and sexual orientation.
In-Situ® Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.