Please follow these guidelines when making reference to In-Situ Inc. and In-Situ Inc. branded products, including but not limited to: Baro Merge®, BaroTROLL®, comIT®, HERMIT®, HydroVu™, In-Situ®, In-Situ Inc. logo, iSitu®, miniTROLL®, Pocket-Situ®, RDO®, RuggedCable®, RuggedReader®, smarTROLL™, TROLL®, VuSitu™, and Win-Situ®.
Referential Use of In-Situ Inc. Trademarks
Anyone may use In-Situ Inc. trademarks for referential purposes so long as written permission has been authorized and granted by In-Situ Inc.’s Vice President of Marketing. Once authorized, referential use of any In-Situ Inc. company name, product names, including software and services, must use the appropriate spelling and trademark symbols in accordance with the list of current In-Situ Inc. trademarks below.
Use Trademark Notices
An attribution of In-Situ Inc. ownership of the trademark(s) must be documented within the credit notice section of the article, documentation, or advertisement. The format to follow is:
“Baro Merge, BaroTROLL, comIT, HERMIT, In-Situ, In-Situ Inc. logo, miniTROLL, Pocket-Situ, RDO, RuggedCable, RuggedReader, TROLL, and Win-Situ are registered trademarks or trademarks of In-Situ Inc., Fort Collins, CO USA.
Do Not Use In-Situ Inc. Trademarks in the Possessive or Plural Form
In-Situ Inc. trademarks should never be used in the possessive or plural form, but should be introduced as a proper adjective (e.g., TROLL) and may be followed by the appropriate descriptor (e.g., instrument) as indicated in the list below.
- Baro Merge® Software (Baro Merge —with a space)
- BaroTROLL® Instrument (BaroTROLL — no space)
- comIT® Communication Cable (comIT — no space)
- Con TROLL® PRO System (Con TROLL — with a space)
- HERMIT® Data Logger (HERMIT — all caps)
- HydroVu™ (HydroVu — capital H and capital V)
- In-Situ® Inc.
- In-Situ Clover Logo
- iSitu® App or iSitu® Smartphone Application
- miniTROLL® Instrument (miniTROLL — no space)
- Pocket-Situ® Software (Pocket-Situ must be hyphenated)
- RDO® Sensor; RDO® PRO Sensor; RDO® PRO Probe
- RuggedCable® System (RuggedCable — no space)
- RuggedReader® Handheld Computer (RuggedReader — no space)
- smarTROLL™ Multiparameter Handheld Instrument or smarTROLL™ RDO® Handheld Instrument
- TROLL® Instrument (TROLL — all caps)
- Virtual HERMIT® Software or Virtual HERMIT® Aquifer Testing Kit (Virtual HERMIT — must have a space)
- VuSitu™ (VuSitu — capital V and capital S)
- Win-Situ® Software
Set the In-Situ Inc. Trademark Apart from Other Words or Nouns It Modifies
The common way to set the trademark apart from other words or nouns is to capitalize the product name or, in some instances, use all capital letters (e.g., TROLL, HERMIT) and to use the appropriate trademark symbol and appropriate descriptor. Use the trademark or registered trademark symbol for the first instance on a page.
Correct: Use the TROLL® 700 Instrument for aquifer characterization studies.
Incorrect: Use the Troll® 700 data logger for aquifer characterization studies.
Correct: Use the TROLL® 9500 Water Quality Instrument for ambient monitoring.
Incorrect: Use the Troll® 9500 for ambient monitoring.
Trademark Ownership Acknowledgements
- Baro Merge, BaroTROLL, comIT, HERMIT, HydroVu, In-Situ, the In-Situ Inc. logo, iSitu, miniTROLL, Pocket-Situ, RDO, RuggedCable, RuggedReader, smarTROLL, TROLL, and Win-Situ are registered trademarks or trademarks of In-Situ Inc., Fort Collins, CO, U.S.A.
- Alconox, Liquinox, and Liqui-Nox are registered trademarks of Alconox Company, White Plains, NY, U.S.A.
- Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
- Apple, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S.A. and other countries.
- AQTESOLV is a trademark of HydroSOLVE, Inc, Reston, VA, U.S.A.
- Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
- Cingular Wireless is a registered trademark of Cingular Wireless LLC.
- Delrin, Kevlar, Teflon, Tefzel, and Viton are registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company U.S.A. and other countries.
- Elastollan is a registered trademark of Elastogran GmbH, Lemfoerde, Germany.
- FedEx is a registered trademark of Federal Express Corporation, Memphis, TN, U.S.A. and other countries.
- Grundfos is a registered trademark of Grundfos Group.
- HydroPlus and Electronic Data Solutions are registered trademarks of Field Data Solutions, Jerome, ID, U.S.A.
- Intel and Pentium are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation, U.S.A. and other countries.
- Kellems is a registered trademark of Hubbell, Inc., Orange, CT, U.S.A.
- Kynar is a registered trademark of Arkema Inc.
- LaMotte is a registered trademark of LaMotte Company.
- Microsoft, Windows, Windows Vista, Windows Mobile, ActiveSync, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corp., U.S.A. and other countries.
- NIST is a registered trademark of the National Institutive of Standards and Technology, U.S.A.
- Pall Corporation is a registered trademark of Pall Corporation, East Hills, NY, U.S.A.
- Pelican is a trademark of Pelican Products Inc., Torrance, CA, U.S.A.
- StablCal is a registered trademark of Hach Company.
- Thermo Scientific and Orion are registered trademarks of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- T-Mobile is a registered trademark of Deutsche Telekom AG, ©2004.
- Tygon is a registered trademark of Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics.
- UPS is a registered trademark of United Parcel Service.
- The Verizon and Verizon Business names and logos and all other names, logos, and slogans identifying Verizon’s products and services are trademarks and service marks or registered trademarks and service marks of Verizon Trademark Services LLC or its affiliates in the U.S.A. and/or other countries.
- Viton is a registered trademark of DuPont Performance Elastomers, LLC.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
The entire content included in this site, including but not limited to text, graphics, or code is copyrighted as a collective work under the United States and other copyright laws, and is the property of In-Situ Inc. The collective work includes works that are licensed to In-Situ Inc. Copyright © 2012 by In-Situ Inc. All rights reserved. This site contains proprietary information which is protected by copyright. Electronic copies and printed hard copy portions of this site made be made for the sole purpose of placing an order with In-Situ Inc. or purchasing In-Situ Inc. products. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized in writing by In-Situ Inc. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the site.