COURSE: Aquifer Testing For Improved Hydrogeologic Site Characterization
2-Day Course Offered by Midwest Geosciences Group
(Student discounts are available, email Lauren Ryan at email@example.com to learn more)
Location: In-Situ Headquarters, Fort Collins, Colorado
Dates: October 16 -17, 2018
Conducting aquifer tests in complex hydrogeologic settings such as heterogeneous or fractured media often leads to suspect data or unanswered questions after the field work is complete. Even when you are confident of the geologic conditions, you may have difficulty designing effective aquifer tests, running field equipment, or selecting the best available model to analyze the test data. Where can you turn to improve your approach and skills for hydrogeologic site characterization?
This course is designed as a powerful two-day training workshop on aquifer testing design, field methods, and data analysis techniques featuring AQTESOLV and the In-Situ Level TROLL. This course will provide you with the knowledge to master aquifer testing from beginning to end–using world-class field equipment and aquifer test analysis software.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for groundwater scientists and engineers, project managers, compliance program managers and remedial design managers.
What to expect:
This course begins with a brief overview of hydrogeologic principles of pumping and slug testing then continues at an advanced level throughout the course to cover the range of conditions typically encountered during field investigations.
Data analysis exercises include both simple and advanced pumping and slug test analyses to match the range of conditions typically encountered during field investigations.
Continuing Education Information:
1.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
(16.0 Professional Development Hours)
An optional Course Completion Certificate from Colorado School of Mines is available.
What you get:
- Course Notebook
- Field Guide for Slug Testing
- Continental breakfast, morning coffee break, lunch, and an afternoon break
- Hosted tour the In-Situ facility
- Evening reception hosted by In-Situ following the course segments on Day One. Details about the location of the reception are given at the course. Transportation to and from the reception is provided by the hotel shuttle.
- Discount voucher good toward the purchase or rental of In-Situ products.
What to Bring:
- Bring your laptop computer, a calculator and any field forms that you normally use for aquifer testing.
- You are also encouraged to bring your own slug and pumping test data. Instructors will QA/QC your analysis results if time permits.
- Course attendees bringing personal laptops will download and install the AQTESOLV demo before arriving at the course.
- Optional full-color notebook available for purchase.
Jim Butler, PhD is author of many scientific papers dedicated to aquifer testing, direct push hydraulic profiling, and interactions between surface water and groundwater. Jim holds a B.S. in geology from the College of William and Mary, and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in applied hydrogeology from Stanford University. He is author of “The Design, Performance, and Analysis of Slug Tests” and for the last 26 years, he has worked as a research scientist at the Kansas Geological Survey.
Glenn M. Duffield is the author of AQTESOLV and the founder and president of HydroSOLVE, Inc., a groundwater services firm headquartered in Reston, Virginia, USA. He is a senior quantitative hydrogeologist with over 30 years of professional consulting experience. Glenn holds a bachelor’s degree in geology from Juniata College and a master’s degree in geology/hydrogeology from Penn State.
Chose between our favorite hotels in town:
- The Armstrong Hotel is located in Downtown Fort Collins near some of the best restaurants and bars around. Plus, it’s only a 15 minute walk to the In-Situ HQ. To reserve a room with In-Situ’s special rate, call (970) 484-3883 and mention your relationship with us!
- The Hilton Hotel located on Prospect Road sits next to the Colorado State University campus and has wonderful views of the the Colorado scenery. To reserve a room with In-Situ’s special rate, call (970) 482-2626 and mention us!
You are responsible for your transportation to/from the airport. Shuttle option from DIA to Fort Collins: Green Ride
Do you questions?
Technical Questions: For technical questions about the course, contact Dan Kelleher at either 763.607.0092 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel and Payment Questions: For travel and registration questions, please contact Lauren Ryan at In-Situ, Inc. at 970-498-1656 or email@example.com.
Cancellations may be made up to October 11, however, 35 percent of the course fee will be charged. No refunds. One substitute is allowed for each registrant who is unable to attend.