Service & Maintenance
Annual service prolongs the life of your instruments and ensures accuracy.
We recommend you send instruments in for service and maintenance every 12-18 months. This small yearly investment can have a substantial impact on the lifespan of your equipment and protects your data readings from instrument drift and fouling.
Our rental period starts on the day after the equipment is shipped and billing continues through the day before the equipment is received at In-Situ. Customers will not be billed for Saturday and Sunday if the equipment is received on Monday or if the equipment ships on Friday.
Pre-paid Return Shipping
U.S. customers have the added option of purchasing pre-paid return shipment labels. Just request the label when placing your order. When preparing the items for return, attach the pre-paid label and drop the package at a shipping center.
Returning Equipment for Service or Maintenance
- Download and complete a Return Materials Authorization Form located at the bottom of this page. If you are using IE8 as your browser, please upgrade to the most recent version of IE to download the RMA Form.
- Email or fax the RMA form to the Tech Support department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-498-1598 to obtain an RMA number to use for the return. An RMA number will be emailed back to you promptly after submittal.
- REMOVE all sensors and accessories that are NOT required for the repair prior to returning unit.
- Mark the RMA number CLEARLY on the side of the box with a larger marker or label.
- Please keep your RMA number for future reference! Return unit for repair to the following address:
221 E. Lincoln Ave.
Fort Collins, CO 80524 U.S.A.
To reduce waste we ask that you please use your original shipping container if it is in good condition.
7-Day Service Policy*
Preparing for your next field project and want your equipment to work properly? Let In-Situ service technicians tune up your instruments. With quick turnaround times, you’ll be prepared for your next deployment. And if we don’t ship your instrument back on the seventh day after approval/pre-approval* — all service is free.
*For complete details on our service policy, please read the U.S. Return Materials Authorization form.
Lithium Battery Warning
Please remove lithium batteries from your instrument or telemetry system or contact your freight carrier for details on how to properly ship prior to returning products to In-Situ Inc. In-Situ Inc. will not accept shipments containing lithium batteries that are not shipped in accordance with all applicable regulations and is required to report such shipments to the appropriate regulatory agency.